2020年5月8日金曜日

Relation between Drowsiness, Melatonin and ETS reversal surgery

I wrote recently about intense drowsiness after ets reversal surgery.
Today, I write down about what I have researched about it.

The hormone that induces drowsiness is melatonin.
  • Melatonin is a hormone that makes the parasympathetic nerve active, and it is secreted mainly between the evening and dawn. It is produced by a tissue called the pineal gland in the brain and is carried by the bloodstream into the body.
  • Release of noradrenaline from the sympathetic nerve endings into the pineal gland causes melatonin synthesis.
  • The body recognizes its readiness for sleep as melatonin lowers pulse, body temperature, and blood pressure, so melatonin has the effect of promoting sleep.
It makes sense to think that my intense drowsiness is caused by hypersecretion of melatonin.
It is written in the second part of the above bullet point that the increase of melatonin synthesis is started under the influence of the sympathetic nerve. Though I think that all of the various symptoms that occured me after ets reversal surgery, for example, sudden tears, panics, tooth nerve pain, white vision, dizziness, and so on, are caused by sympathetic disorder, it seems no contradiction to think this strong drowsiness as the same. and I know that this disturbing drowsiness would be temporary as these symptoms have all gone now.

In addition, I have never heard of these symptoms from other people who took this ets reversal surgery. Some people have the feeling that nerve flows or ripples, but as far as I know, I am the only one who has had these transient disorder.
I don't think this as a big issue because I think it's a process of recovery after the reversal surgery. However, there are many other people besides me who got the merits of this surgery. In this point, I don't know why...

I feel a little more refresh in my head recently, and that my mental condition has also improved slightly.


Back to English articles

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿