2020年5月29日金曜日

About the "feeling of nerve flow" that I feel after ETS reversal surgery #03

This article is a translation of an article written in January 2013.

I usually work in the office, but today I went out during work. I took the subway and walked outside. Because I wore thick clothes, the sweat stain was hidden, but my upper body was wet with sweat.

The title of this post is "#3", which is a continuation of "#01" and "#02" written in June 2012.


【Attention】
The contents here are based on "the feeling I have received since I took reversal surgery", "a little what I have investigated", and "some of my assumption". Therefore, it is not known whether everything is correct or not, and there may be points that lack consideration. What you need to know in advance is that I am not a doctor but a patient, and that this is not a medical explanation.
So I hope you read this for the question and hope how much I will recover by taking ets reversal surgery.
And my thoughts may be changed in the future depending on facts and conditions that I do not know. This is my idea at the moment.
The "feeling of nerve flow" used in the title is just an explanation of my feeling as a result of taking ets reversal surgery by Dr. Timo Telaranta in Finland.
However, it doesn't mean that if you take reversal surgery, you will recover with such feeling. I know a number of people who have had the same reversal surgery in Finland, but no one has the same feeling of mine.
I'm the only one who used sural nerve for donner site (the others used intercostal nerve), so I'm not sure if it's due to the difference in technique or just due to individual differences...


About the structure of nerves in the arm

The nerve page of Wikipedia has a diagram of the nerves in the arm.

The red part is the artery and the yellow part is the nerve.
By the way, the same figure is also used on the ulnar nerve page, the median nerve page, the medial pectoral nerve page, and the lateral pectoral nerve page on Wikipedia. The radial nerve page uses a little different figure, but the nerves of the arm are explained in the same way.
The reason why I dared to give the difficult nerve name is that these pages say that these nerves are derived from the brachial plexus. The brachial plexus page says, "formed by the anterior rami of the lower four cervical nerves and first thoracic nerve (C5, C6, C7, C8, and T1)." As mentioned on "How much can I recover having taken ETS reversal surgery?" page before, there is a sympathetic trunk in the chest, and it seems that T1 and T2, T2 and T3 ... and all sympathetic nerves are originally vertically connected by a nerve called a communication branch.

That is to say, even if I do not understand each of the yellow nerves in the upper figure, I think that they are the parts over the nerves reconnected by reversal surgery. In other words, I think that the extension parts of the nerve blocked by ETS surgery affects not only the palm but all the arms. And the nerves of the brachial plexus are connected not only to the arms but also to the face and head, but I will write about the feeling of the nerves flowing to the face and head at another time.
The figure below shows, though my imagination, how ETS surgery may remove the nerve. And I think that partial block means cutting off a part of the four points in the figure, rather than cutting all of them. ("4 points" is because this image figure happens to be that way. Actually, I think that doctors cut what they find during surgery. As I don't know exactly, welcome your advice.)
This diagram is from the sympathetic trunk of Wikipedia, and I wrote on the premise of the enlarged view of the red circle in the figure above.


About the place where I feel the flow of nerves

As I mentioned in the diary the other day (※refer to here and also here, but I'm sorry these article are in Japanese), the green part in the figure is the most strong part that is feeling of flowing nerve right now.
This green part is below the clavicle and seems to come out from the rib gap. Positionally, it is the tip of the "balloon" on the left side of the three "balloons" below.
It's a place that feels terribly violent, so I thought it was clearly shown, but it didn't look in this figure.

And I think that the nerve passing near the yellow circle toward the right shoulder is linked to the nerves bunched around indicated by the balloon on the upper right in the area.

This time, I applied my feeling of nerve flow to the nerve diagram and compared them.


Back to English articles

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿