2022年8月25日木曜日

About acupuncture treatment after reversal surgery


I went to acupuncture today.
The technique I'm doing now is not an electric treatment, but a manipulative method (醒脳開竅法: Seinou-Kaikyou-method). It's already been the 7th time, but I'm not used to it and I'm fighting with severe pain.

First, 4 or 5 shots into this position.
Instead of hitting blindly, the staff will first palpate it with his hands and stab into the hard streaks. Thanks to that, acupuncture needles are always inserted into nerves, and the pain is contagious with electricity. I can't even speak, I endure with deep breathing.

When pricked the acupuncture needles, the electricity was transmitted several times toward the back.
Previously, when a similar phenomenon occurred in the front of the shoulder, I could even feel that the nerve had opened. However, I'm not sure if I've reached that far with this backward line. However, after that today, a dull pain, like being hit with a blunt instrument, appeared for a while in conjunction with the pulsation and needed an hour break on the bench.

Today's treatment was even more relentless, stabbing in the arm.
The staff pierced the acupuncture needle and said softly, "Hard".
The armpits have gotten a lot softer after many treatments, but the rest of the area still seems to be quite stiff. There is no problem with the pain of sticking needles into the skin. However, after the acupuncture was inserted, the pain ran through my middle and ring fingers, and it was a severe pain... Do it twice.
After the treatment was over, I touched the area around the acupuncture needles. It felt very soft. That's why I think it's not the muscles that are stiff, but the nerves that are stiff.

What I think again is that the nerve at the end of the disconnection due to ETS surgery has hardened, and even if reversal surgery reconnects the nerve at the root, natural recovery through exercise and adapting to the heat is completely inadequate (although there are of course places where it can be done). However, it does not mean that the nerves have died, and even after 20 years, I think there is still a good chance of recovery with stimulation. Also, I thought that my left arm had already gone through the recovery process, but now I doubt that my left arm still has some withered spots, and I plan to have acupuncture treatment for my left arm someday. Of course, first of all, I will treat the known hard part of the right arm first.

After undergoing reversal surgery, I think it depends on the individual as to where the acupuncture is most effective. Up until now, I've felt the sensation of connecting nerves in various places, such as the back of my neck and shoulders, but the only thing that remained is my armpits. Therefore, if you have just had reversal surgery, it may be better to treat the back of your neck or shoulders first, instead of doing acupuncture on your armpit right away. As time passes after the ETS surgery, I think that this hard part will probably increase. This is evidenced by the year-on-year increase in compensatory sweating. Even so, it seems that the nerves have not completely died (in other words, recovery is not possible), so I think there is a possibility of recovery by adding such stimulation.

I will continue with this treatment and will write about the situation from time to time. But it really hurts...


Please refer to the following page for images of acupuncture treatment.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿