2020年6月27日土曜日

ETS surgery and Dysautonomia

This article is a translation of an article written in June 2013.
June is almost over, and summer is gradually approaching.

I am living a normal life for now. I used to worry about sweating even during the rainy season, but I haven't sweated at all this year. There are various reasons, perhaps because the sensible temperature has dropped, or because the physical burden has decreased thanks to the nerves that were concentrated in the lower body flowed to the upper body, or because feeling better for flowing the sympathetic nerves to he head. In any case, I have no worries about sweating at the moment, and I am able to carry out my activities with ease.

Since the rainy season this year, I sweated a few times enough to moisten my back while sitting in the office during the day. But I think this is the sweat that accompanies the nerve movement after undergoing reversal surgery. I think I will sweat if I walk outside during the day. But if I wear a light shirt on top of a T-shirt, I don't care of sweat at all, so I can also wear a gray color T-shirt.
Last year, I had a breathing disorder every few days, then I was sweating until it runs down my back, but that has not happened so far. But that may happen in the future.

The feeling of moving nerves gets faster each day. It may be because summer is approaching, but, than that, I think it is because the flow gradually strengthens and becomes smooth as recovery progress.
It's awkward to flow in my head.
Though it doesn't happen so these days, I may become intensely sleepy during the day. Also, my head doesn't work well, then I become "absentminded" or "distracted" situation.
The place where I feel flowing nerves is the entire area between the scalp and the skull. Do you see the nerves flowing in your head when you wake up and feel drowsy? I always feel like that.
I feel the nerves flowing in my hands, not the back but the whole palm.
I think that the capillary nerves on the head and palms where these nerves move and flow are probably like sponges, and are capable of absorbing a large amount of nerves. Actually, my upper arms and lower arms are also similar, and I think that nerves will not only sweat, but will also keep moisturized and keep protected from heat. And because the chest nerves have been resected by ETS surgery, all the nerves that should fit in the palm, upper arm, lower arm, and head are all contained in the lower half of the body, so compensatory sweating will occur at the torso.

Given the fact that the sympathetic nerves of the head have decreased, that is, the balance of the sympathetic nerves and parasympathetic nerves of the head had definitely changed before and after ETS surgery.
And as dysautonomia is said to be "a condition in which the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves are out of balance", many people, including myself, suffer from the typical symptoms of dysautonomia, and has been diagnosed so. Sleeplessness, loss of appetite, palpitation, hot flashes, anxiety, tiredness, lack of motivation, heavy head, throat foreign body sensation, malaise...
Moreover, not only does it develop immediately after undergoing ETS surgery, but I think that the likelihood of future development will be completely different due to changing the balance of sympathetic nerves in this way.
No matter where the ETS surgery is perfomed, reducing sweating in the hands means also reducing sympathetic nerves going to the upper body, so I think that nerves to the head are also reduced.
Even if not having undergone ETS surgery, dysautonomia may occur due to stress and other factors affecting the balance of your nerves. Therefore, I am confident that ETS surgery makes it seasier to develop it.

Panic symptoms have often occurred since I started to feel nerve movement after undergoing ETS reversal surgery. However, in my case, it occurs because the nerves on the abdominal side vigorously regurgitate and move and flow to the upper body, and that is, I know that it is occuring in the process of recovery. Then, I am struck  by terrible palpitation and stuffy breath, and since I feel my nerves are moving fast, I have to sit and be calm for a while until the symptoms subside.
I've written about panic symptoms several times, but I believe it will subside once the entire recovery process is over.


Back to English articles

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿