2020年6月20日土曜日

About getting tired more easily after taking ETS surgery

This article is a translation of an article written in March 2013.
I went jogging today.
It's getting warmer recently, so I started it from last week.
My jogging course is about 12km, and it takes about an hour and half to run.

I run at night and it's still cold at night, so I didn't sweat much. I just felt wet when I touched my back, and no sweat was dripping though my shirt was wet.

It's just started from last week, so it's hard to say clearly, but I feel easier than ever to move the body. If running a long distance, my knees begin to hurt and wobble of course, and it's just the same as before. But I feel that when exercising I feel less heavy and less pain.

Instead, the feeling of nerves flow is intense.
In terms of rehabilitation after reversal surgery, I think it is better to run without overdoing, leisurely, and frequently taking a rest, and do so. But when stop for a moment, the feeling of nerves flowing from my shoulders to my arms is very intense.
However, I feel like mass of my nerve is getting out of my abdomen through my shoulders to my arms, so my abdomen and legs are getting easier.

Now I am thinking as follows.
I think that when the sympathetic nerve becomes active during exercise, the sympathetic nerve is actively generated in the spine (that is, the spinal cord). I imagine that each spinal cord on the spine works like a bicycle pump.(See Figure 1)
Figure 1. The area that become active when nervous or excited.

And I think that the generated sympathetic nerves are pushed to the left and right and are transmitted to the sympathetic nerve trunk, and then flow to the whole body through the sympathetic nerves stretched throughout the body.(See Figure 2)
Figure 2. The pathway that is transmitted when the sympathetic nerve becomes active.

I think that if such sympathetic nerves are transmitted too much, the body may give up. That is, it is the state "completely exhausted". Originally the sympathetic nerves actively created in the spine are evenly transmitted to the whole body, so each part accepts and processes a small portion, but because ETS surgery upsets the balance of the flow up and down, the abdomen and lower half of the body where the sympathetic nerves transmit excessively, had began to "give up" soon.(See Figure 3)
Figure 3. The area that the upper and lower balance was changed by the ETS surgery.

I think that compensatory sweating, which increases sweat on the abdomen and back, has the same mechanism.


I used to think that at the end of the move to the upper body through the connected parts of the chest nerves, the nerves are fully connected, but recently the way of thinking has changed a little. It wasn't that I was wrong, but there are two ways to recover. One is to recover rapidly by moving backwards, and the other is to recover in a smooth flow. This recovery with smooth flow means like this...

I think that the sympathetic nerves are generated in the spine whole day in the daily life. When in the hot place, when nervous/excited, and when exercise, it's especially intense. The flow of sympathetic nerves that are temporarily activated and generated is still different between the upper and lower parts and I think that it's because the myriad nerves in the upper body are still withered. It's connected little by little by the force of being pushed away forward when in the hot place, when nervous/excited, and when exercise, gradually regaining the smooth flow of the nerves.

However, it is difficult to understand how far recovery has progressed just by feeling the calm flow of normal situation.
Possibly, it may be that the feeling of this gentle flow does not mean the recover as much as it feels to be moving, but is being squeezed/withered because there is not enough flow to the hand or head...
During the summer, even though I was at rest, it became very active and often had a backflow from my abdomen to my shoulders and arms in daytime, but during the winter, it doesn't so active. This seasonal influence may be causing it.

I still feel that the flow of nerves on my shoulders and armpits is uneven, and often makes a cracking noise.
And today, while I was running, sometimes my left temple made a squeaky sound conforming with my steps.

The idea that various places that are withered are connected little by little, and my recovery can be completed if a smooth flow can be restored, has not changed at all.


※I used the figure described on the Autonomic nervous system page on wikipedia site.

※The contents here are based on "the feeling I have received since I took reversal surgery", "a little what I have investigated", and "some of my assumption". Therefore, it is not known whether everything is correct or not, and there may be points that lack consideration. What you need to know in advance is that I am not a doctor but a patient, and that this is not a medical explanation.
So I hope you read this for the question and hope how much I will recover by taking ets reversal surgery.
And my thoughts may be changed in the future depending on facts and conditions that I do not know. This is my idea at the moment.


Back to English articles

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿